Marriage equality is here to stay: Understand the benefits and complicationsFull legal marriage is now available in all U.S. states. But there are still many questions that same-sex couples should discuss before walking down the aisle. Learn about:
- adoption and legal parentage rules
- your state’s laws about same-sex domestic partnerships and civil unions
- whether your registration will be recognized if you move to another state
- the federal tax implications of getting married or registered
- how marriage will affect your family if you have children, and
- responsibility for your partner’s debts if you’re married.