Small but mighty – a comprehensive guide to the use of two-wheel tractors for gardeners, homesteaders, landscapers, and farmers
More affordable than four-wheel tractors and infinitely more versatile than single- purpose power equipment such as rototillers, two-wheel tractors are an ideal solution for an astonishing array of garden, landscaping, and agricultural applications.
Two-wheel tractors are multifunctional, economical, practical, maneuverable, portable, and low impact. Yet choosing the equipment is only half of it, the other half is integrating the right machine and implements into your land-based enterprise and coupling it with innovative high-efficiency techniques. Coverage includes:
- Why you need a two-wheel tractor
- Two-wheel tractor essentials including tractor implement options and functions
- Equipment decision-making to suit your scale, context, enterprises, and budget
- Safety equipment, operation, and basic maintenance
- Innovative use strategies including micro-plowing, making permabeds, in situ mulching, compost-a-path design, crop guilds, scaling up, and diversified crop management
- How to start from scratch, clearing new land, scaling up your enterprises and more
- Case studies and rich examples from suburban landscaping to commercial market gardens from Europe to North America.
- Pro-tips and sidebars for rapidly elevating your skills.
The Two-Wheel Tractor Handbook shows small-scale growers how to leverage walk-behind tractors to maximize the productivity and profitability of their enterprises. This full-color, highly illustrated guide is a must-have tool for urban farmers, suburban gardeners, rural homesteaders, orchardists, landscapers, and market gardeners looking to boost production.