– The wonder of the earliest childhood memories.
– The delight of the unexpected discovery and joy of sexual feelings and sexual play.
– The overwhelming power of first love.
– The brutal and completely unexpected shock of homosexual insight.
– The unrelenting prejudice and judgment of a hostile society.
– The persistent and literally paralyzing fear of exposure.
– The profound sadness of loneliness and of alone knowing what I was.
– The unquenchable fear of complete separation from God’s love.
– The hopelessness of a child facing eternal damnation.
– The chronic persistent worry of what family, friends, and peers would think of me and do if my cover was ever blown.
– Sexual abuse: unendurable confusion and loss of innocence
– Spiritual explosion: understanding, gratitude, and peace
This is a letter to the heterosexual world toward understanding and acceptance on behalf of present and future generations of gay children.