Are you the child of toxic parents?
When you were a child…
– Did your parents use physical pain to discipline you?
– Did you have to take care of your parents because of their problems?
– Were you often frightened of your parents?
– Did your parents do anything to you that had to be kept secret? Now that you’re an adult… – Do your parents still treat you as if you were a child?
– Do you have intense emotional or physical reactions after spending time with your parents?
– Do your parents control you with threats or guilt? Do they manipulate you with money?
– Do you feel that no matter what you do, it’s never good enough for your parents? In this remarkable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward draws on case histories and the real-life voices of adult children of toxic parents to help you free yourself from the frustrating patterns of your relationship with your parents — and discover a new world of self-confidence, inner strength, and emotional independence.