This wide-ranging reader locates supply chain management, lean production and related practice within the holistic concept of total product systems.
- Demonstrates the strategic relevance of managing supply chains and supply networks to organizational performance and to a range of business functions, including finance, design, production, environmental management, information systems, and marketing.
- Considers sustainable supply chain management across the service, manufacturing and process sectors.
- Reflects the radical changes in organizational beliefs, practices and processes that are necessary for a shift to supply chain management in contemporary, global, competitive conditions.
- Considers particular issues and challenges for micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises.
- Contains readings that are interdisciplinary and international in focus.