Simple SysML for Beginners: Using CATIA No Magic Products is for beginners. This book is for beginning modelers who have just purchased a CATIA No Magic product that supports SysML modeling and are anxious to get started, but otherwise don’t know too much about SysML and don’t have much experience using SysML tools. The purpose of this book is to help the reader get through the initial learning curve and start the reader on the way to becoming proficient at SysML modeling.
The book is designed to be a tool companion for two of the more comprehensive books on SysML:
– SysML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Systems Modeling Language by Lenny Delligatti.
– A Practical Guide to SysML, Third Edition: The Systems Modeling Language by Sanford Friedenthal et al..
The techniques shown in this book will work for any of the Dassault Systèmes CATIA Magic and CATIA No Magic products that support SysML modeling, including:
– MagicDraw with the SysML plugin.
– Cameo Systems Modeler.
– Cameo Enterprise Architecture.
– CATIA Magic System of Systems Architect.
– CATIA Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer.
CATIA(R), NoMagic(R), and Cameo(R) are trademarks of Dassault Systèmes.
- Requirements Engineering – This book is not an exhaustive text on requirements engineering. However, the “Further Reading” appendix does list a number of excellent books for deeper understanding of this topic.
- Tool Version – The first edition of this book was authored primarily on Cameo Systems Modeler version 19. There may be minor differences in the procedures for later versions of the tool.
- Tool Manual – This is a beginner’s introduction and is not a comprehensive reference for every feature of the tool.