This book provides a summarized information related to the global herbal drug market and its regulations, ethnopharmacology of traditional crude drugs, isolation of phytopharmaceuticals, phytochemistry, standardization, and quality assessment of crude drugs. Natural products science has constantly been developing with comprehensive data contemplating different parts of natural drugs, such as global trade, quality control and regulatory concerns, traditional medicine systems, production and utilization of drugs, and utilization of medicinal and aromatic plants. This broad information about crude drugs gives rise to a subject that is now recognized as advance natural products science. By contemplating all of this thorough knowledge of the areas, this book is intended to provide considerably to the natural products science. The area of natural products science involves a broad range of topics, such as the pharmacognostical, phytochemical, and ethno-pharmacological aspects of crude drugs. Each chapter gives a sufficient understanding to academicians and researchers in the respective topic. This book includes 40 illustrations and descriptions of roughly 80 medicinal plants used for herbal medicine. The book is an imperative source for all researchers, academicians, students, and those interested in natural products science.
- Includes advance knowledge and detailed developments in natural products science
- Discusses the most important phytopharmaceuticals used in the pharmaceutical industry
- Explores the analysis and classification of novel plant-based medicinal compounds
- Includes standardization, quality control, and global trade of natural products
- Gives a deep understanding related to recent advances in herbal medicines to treat various ailments
- Discusses national and WHO regulations and policies related to herbal medicines
- Covers the complete profile of some important traditional medicinal plants, especially their historical background, biology, and chemistry