Packed with step by step information, hints and tips, this book provides all the basic information needed to production manage a film or video from beginning to end – from idea to delivery.Production Management for Film and Video gives all the basic information needed to production manage a film or video from beginning to end – from idea to delivery. Aspiring young film producers, programme makers and students of film or video production will find this an essential source of information, as indeed will anybody wishing to improve their knowledge and skills in the field. One is guided from the script or proposal, right through the various stages of production management to include: – script breakdown
– the shoot
– editing and post-production
– delivery Now in its third edition, Production Management for Film and Video has been further revised to include:
– information on health and safety requirements
– the need to be aware of computer generated imagery
– the effect this kind of programme making has on schedules and budgets. Different kinds of management for different productions are also covered – from features through to documentaries – and advice is offered on how to run a production more effectively. Examples, taken from actual productions, demonstrate the kind of documentation needed to develop, run and control a production. Emphasis is placed on the basic principles of good management that apply to all the different kinds of film that can be produced. Richard Gates is a freelance producer/production manager and has been involved in over 40 productions of different kinds. He also lectures extensively on production and production management techniques.