This book covers various aspects of cancer chemoprevention, including an overview of chemoprevention in the process of tumorigenesis; the roles of various phytochemicals, functional foods, and dietary interventions in disease prevention; and techniques such as cancer stem cell targeting, nano-formulations, and so forth.
The nutrigenomic and epigenetic effects of natural products at the molecular and genetic levels are also covered alongside their potential for additive and synergistic effect, as well as overcoming drug resistance. The key selling features of the book are as follows:
- Discusses holistic and comprehensive areas of chemoprevention
- Includes diverse techniques, such as cancer stem cell targeting, nano-formulations, and nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems
- Introduces various mechanisms involved in prevention of the diseases, including targeting cancer stem cells
- Reviews various aspects which can reduce the toxicity and cost of treatment of diseases by alternative medicine
- Explores various sources, mechanisms, and ways to develop cancer chemopreventive agents with minimal toxicity compared to traditional cancer therapy drugs
This book is focused on researchers and graduate students in drug delivery and formulation, nanobiotechnology, cancer chemoprevention, prevention, and therapeutics.