This book offers a complete coverage of microbial refinery for exopolysaccharides (EPS) production, including genetic improvements, production techniques, biotechnological applications in food, cosmetics, health and environment sector, economic perspectives, and commercialization of EPS products. It focuses on exopolysaccharides production from an organism perspective to offer a complete picture from isolation of microbes to commercialization of EPS-based products. It covers strategies for EPS production and future perspectives and the potential of microbial refinery.
- Provides a concise introduction to the science, biology, technology, and application of exopolysaccharides (EPS)
- Details upstream and downstream steps in EPS production from microbial resources
- Acts as a complete guide from production to commercialization
- Explores the potential application of EPS for socioeconomical benefits
- Discusses the EPS applications in food, cosmetics, health, and bioremediation approach for clean and sustainable development
This book is aimed at researchers and graduate students in fermentation technology, biochemical engineering, and biotechnology.