Achieve operational excellence by running scalable, testable, modular, repeatable, extendable, and customizable infrastructure
- Leverage AWS CloudFormation to manage your entire infrastructure
- Get up and running with maintaining your infrastructure as code and automating your environment
- Simplify infrastructure management and increase productivity with AWS CloudFormation
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
The advent of DevOps and the cloud revolution has compelled software engineers and operations teams to rethink how to manage complex infrastructures and build resilient solutions. With this AWS book, you’ll find out how you can use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to simplify infrastructure operations and manage the modern cloud with AWS CloudFormation.
This guide covers AWS CloudFormation comprehensively, from template structures to developing complex and reusable infrastructure stacks. It takes you through template validation, stack deployment, and handling deployment failures. It also demonstrates the use of AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline for automating resource delivery and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices.
As you advance, you’ll learn how to modularize and unify your template on the fly using macros or by fixating the version using modules. You’ll create resources outside of AWS with custom resources and catalog them with the CloudFormation registry. Finally, you’ll improve the way you manage the modern cloud environment on AWS by extending CloudFormation through the AWS serverless application model (SAM) and the AWS cloud development kit (CDK).
By the end of this book, you’ll have mastered key AWS CloudFormation concepts and will be able to extend its capabilities for developing and deploying your own infrastructure.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand modern approaches to IaC
- Develop universal, modular, and reusable CloudFormation templates
- Discover ways of applying continuous delivery with CloudFormation
- Implement IaC best practices in the AWS cloud
- Provision massive applications across multiple regions and accounts
- Automate template generation and software provisioning for AWS
- Extend CloudFormation features with custom resources and the registry
- Modularize and unify templates using modules and macros
Who this book is for:
If you are a developer who wants to learn how to write templates, a DevOps engineer or SRE interested in deployment and orchestration, or a solutions architect looking to understand the benefits of streamlined and scalable infrastructure management, this book is for you. Prior understanding of the AWS Cloud is necessary.