To help aspiring IT professionals succeed in the automation field, “Learning Ansible” provides an in-depth primer that covers all the essential skills. The book is an excellent resource that will help you become an expert IT automation specialist and Ansible Developer.
Starting with an introduction to Ansible, the journey will show how crucial it is in today’s IT settings. The first few chapters cover the essentials, diving into topics like configuration management, automation, integration, and orchestration. The authors make sure that readers can confidently troubleshoot issues by thoroughly examining network, performance, and security errors and providing advanced debugging techniques. Practical uses of Ansible in system administration, user and group management, and managing common and complex errors are explored throughout the book. Setup of network devices, software upgrade automation, and fixing recurring network problems are all covered in detail, along with example programs.
Next, we’ll take a closer look at DevOps, with a focus on how Ansible has impacted CI/CD pipelines. The course teaches readers how to integrate Ansible with popular tools and cloud providers like AWS and Azure through and various tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Additionally, integration is extended to databases such as MySQL and MongoDB, as well as monitoring tools such as Nagios and Prometheus. By incorporating practical exercises throughout, the book guarantees that its readers will grasp the concepts and be able to put them to use in actual situations.
- A thorough introduction to Ansible, laying the groundwork for mastering IT automation techniques.
- In-depth examination of system administration, with emphasis on improving user and group management skills.
- Detailed instructions for debugging in Ansible, enhancing problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Practical demonstrations of network device configuration, aimed at improving network management skills.
- Hands-on Ansible integration with Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes, enhancing CI/CD capabilities.
- Integration with cloud providers such as AWS and Azure to strengthen cloud management skills.
- Techniques for automating workstation setup and software upgrades, with the goal of increasing automation efficiency.
- Integration with monitoring and logging tools, promoting best practices in system monitoring.
- Using Ansible to build a full-stack application setup and gain end-to-end automation expertise.
- Consistent application of web server sample program, which makes learning practical and relatable.
Table of Content
- Introduction to Ansible
- Playbooks and Tasks
- Working with Modules
- Roles, Files and Templating
- Managing Systems with Ansible
- Ansible in Networking
- Ansible for DevOps
- Troubleshooting Ansible
- Integrating Ansible with Other Tools