The book consists of a collection of papers from a corresponding conference regarding additive manufacturing. The yearly conference used to be held in German under the title “Konstruktion für die Additive Fertigung” and is held in English since last year.
The topics are
- Specifications, potentials, and solutions
- Contributions to specifications on components and processes and methods for assessing the suitability of components and the application of additive manufacturing and finding solutions for concepts and design
- Design and optimization
- Contributions to the development and design of components, their design to ensure functional requirements and manufacturability, and methods and tools for optimization components
- Simulation, validation, and quality assurance
- Contributions to approaches for the computer-aided and physical validation of components, the testing of components and material, and measures to ensure quality aspects
- Process chain and business models
- Contributions to their integration of additive manufacturing processes into existing processes and measures to increase value creation and the creation of new business models.