Build robust, production-ready microservices in gRPC Go to enhance the scalability and efficiency of your APIs in real-world applications
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Discover essential guidelines to steer clear of pitfalls when designing and evolving your gRPC services
- Develop your understanding of advanced gRPC concepts such as authentication and security
- Put your knowledge into action as you build, test, and deploy a TODO list microservice
In recent years, the popularity of microservice architecture has surged, bringing forth a new set of requirements. Among these, efficient communication between the different services takes center stage, and that’s where gRPC shines. This book will take you through creating gRPC servers and clients in an efficient, secure, and scalable way. However, communication is just one aspect of microservices, so this book goes beyond that to show you how to deploy your application on Kubernetes and configure other tools that are needed for making your application more resilient. With these tools at your disposal, you’ll be ready to get started with using gRPC in a microservice architecture.
In gRPC Go for Professionals, you’ll explore core concepts such as message transmission and the role of Protobuf in serialization and deserialization. Through a step-by-step implementation of a TODO list API, you’ll see the different features of gRPC in action. You’ll then learn different approaches for testing your services and debugging your API endpoints. Finally, you’ll get to grips with deploying the application services via Docker images and Kubernetes.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the different API endpoints that gRPC lets you write
- Discover the essential considerations when writing your Protobuf files
- Compile Protobuf code with protoc and Bazel for efficient development
- Gain insights into how advanced gRPC concepts work
- Grasp techniques for unit testing and load testing your API
- Get to grips with deploying your microservices with Docker and Kubernetes
- Discover tools for writing secure and efficient gRPC code
Who this book is for:
Whether you’re interested in microservices or looking to use gRPC in your product, this book is for you. To fully benefit from its contents, you’ll need a solid grasp of Go programming and using a terminal. If you’re already familiar with gRPC, this book will help you to explore the different concepts and tools in depth.