Discover the top tricks and techniques to make the most of Adobe After Effects and elevate your graphics design skills by creating real-world projects with this comprehensive illustrated guide
- Master After Effects through hands-on engagement with small projects, following the best practices
- Leverage the settings and uncover hidden options in After Effects to optimize your workflow
- Acquire skills and techniques that will set you apart from other graphic designers
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Visual effects and motion graphics are everywhere, shaping the film, TV, games, websites, and application landscape. Navigating a field this complex and ever-expanding demands more than mere familiarity with tools; you need to stand out to get ahead. Creative Motion Mastery with Adobe After Effects is the definitive guide that not only equips you with the essential skills to distinguish yourself, but also takes you through real projects that you can add to your portfolio.
Guided by a hands-on learning approach, you’ll master the UI, workflow, and diverse projects such as text animation, shape layers, and rotoscoping. With this newfound knowledge, you’ll take your graphic design and post-production skills to the next level using chroma keying, particle simulations, and 2D and 3D tracking. You’ll progress faster than someone taking a formal course in Adobe After Effects! And it’s not all about creating; you’ll import graphics from Illustrator and Photoshop and apply post-production effects to give them a new life. Finally, you’ll discover how seamlessly you can export and manage your projects, ensuring end-to-end coverage of all you need.
By the end of the book, you’ll have a thorough understanding of Adobe After Effects, equipped with the skills and practice you need to propel your career in graphic design.
What You Will Learn:
- Create and customize text layers, including text animations, using shape layers
- Enhance projects with audio elements and apply audio effects to shape layers
- Develop editable motion graphics templates for Premiere Pro
- Implement color correction and grading techniques to enhance footage in projects
- Use rotoscoping to remove and mask objects seamlessly
- Generate realistic effects such as rain, fire, and smoke using particle simulations
- Master the art of compositing through Chroma Keying
- Get to grips with 2D and 3D tracking for seamless element integration
Who this book is for:
This book is for graphic designers, UX and UI designers, e-learning designers, motion graphics artists, video editors, and VFX artists. A fundamental grasp and minimal experience with After Effects will help you follow long the concepts covered in this book. Additionally, familiarity with Illustrator and Photoshop will provide an added advantage.