The book begins by dispelling the common misconception that boredom is a negative emotion or state to be avoided at all costs. Instead, harris explains that boredom can actually be a positive force for change and growth, allowing us to tap into our inner creativity and find new solutions to old problems.
Throughout the book, harris provides a wide range of tips, takeaways, and action steps to help readers embrace boredom and use it as a tool for self-mastery.
In the boredom breakthrough, readers will discover how the power of boredom can:
- Treat burnout and corporate fatigue
- Heal procrastination (even for the chronically distracted)
- Train new parts of your brain to think more creatively
- Jumpstart your professional and personal development
- Elevate your study skills
- Ignite a growth mindset (that actually works)
- …and so much more.
Within the following chapters, you will discover an extensive collection of 50 tried and tested tips that will help you conquer boredom in various ways. Whether you’re alone, with friends, or with your family, whether you’re indoors or outdoors, whether you want to engage in artistic pursuits, experience thrilling adventures, or simply relax – this book provides the right inspiration for every moment.